Orange cake,its my long term plan to make a perfect orange and i finally made it after 2 attempts,and here is my perfect orange cake using eggs.The final product came out so soft and fluffy.I could smell the flavor of Orange, with small tidbits of orange scrapings spread allover the cake.
Generally i don't prefer icing for the cake,unless its for a celebration.So i have done this cake without icing.If you wish you could make the basic butter cream icing ,added with orange essence ,to make your cake more special.Have a closer view to look at the spongy texture of this orange cake.
I have given the measurements in grams,because i find the cup measurements may vary with people.So for the perfect results ,kindly follow my measurements in grams.So that you may not go wrong anywhere.
All Purpose Flour/Maida -225 g
Eggs -3 No
Castor Sugar - 150 g
Butter ,softened - 150 g
Orange juice - 75 ml
Grated juice pith - 1 to 2 Tbsp (as you wish )
- Preheat oven to 180 C .Grease the cake tin with butter and dust them with maida,keep aside.
- Keep your Eggs and Butter out of the fridge at least 3 hours before proceeding. Add the eggs in a wide and deep container and beat them in medium speed with your hand mixer until they look frothy.Then add the castor sugar and beat them for a while,say 2 minutes in medium speed.
- Then add the softened butter and beat in low speed.Don't over mix it.Then add the fresh orange juice and zest of orange and mix them with a wooden ladle,don't use the mixer for this last step.
- Fold in the maida little by little at a time and mix with the wooden ladle.Don't drop all the flour into the batter,add 2 to 3 Tbsp of maida at a time,to ensure even mixing.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and bake for 30 -40 minutes.Mine got baked in 40 minutes.Insert a toothpick ,to ensure the cake is cooked,at the center of the cake and if it comes out clean the cake is ready,else bake for few more minutes.
See my orange cake out of the oven.