Mangoes are the widely available fruits during the summer period in India. Even though there are more than hundred varieties of in mango,each variety gives out an unique taste.This mango season is going to wind up in a few weeks here in India.So thought of posting this season's fruit recipe here.As said in my last post, we some friends planned to arrange for a virtual birthday treat for Divya Pramil on her birthday.I chose this recipe to serve her virtual party,as well.This dish comes from her Recipe Index,with a mango flavor.
Here is the link to Divya's Original Post
It's vibrant yellow color gives an unique texture for this payasam. The boiled tapioca pearls adds an yummy look.
Serves - 2
Mango Pulp - From one whole Medium Sized mango(I Used Organic Malgova)
Sago/Tapioca Pearls - 1/3 Cup
Boiled Milk - 1 Cup or 3/4 Cup
Sugar - 4 Tablespoon
Saffron Threads - 2 to 3(Optional)
Cardamom pods - 2 Crushed
Cashew nuts - 4 to 5 (roughly chopped)
Badam/Almond slices - 3 to 4
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
- Divide the ripe mango,keep the seed aside.Scoop out the mango pulp.In a mixer grind them to a fine paste.Keep the mango paste aside separately.Take 1/3 C of sago wash them with water twice or thrice.In a another vessel add required amount of water(1 Cup) and allow them to boil.
- Add the washed sago an let it cook.The sago turns to a jelly like balls and its volume would have doubled when it is completely cooked.Switch off the flame and keep the boiled sago aside.In a pan add some ghee,then add the crushed cardamom and saute it for 10 sec.Then add the mango pulp/paste give them a mix.
- The mango paste should cook for at-least 2 to 3 minutes.Then add the boiled sago.Saute them,add the sugar.Remember the mango is generally sweet in nature.Try to add little amount of sugar,so that later you can extra sugar if you find it less sweeter.
- When the sugar is dissolved completely add the boiled milk and cook for 3 to 4 minutes in low flame. Don't increase the flame,else the milk will give a curdled appearance.
- Finally add the fried cashew's and add the sliced almonds.Serve warm or chilled.