Christmas is a week ahead,I found a lot recipes being posted welcoming the Christmas charm,so i would like to participate in this joy along with my beloved readers,so this post is a small part from my side to treat my readers.Christmas is a season of joy,where some people enjoy the low temperature,playing with the snowballs,kids sing "Jingle Bells"... which is been taught to them at school,and these kiddo's will be excited to receive their gifts from Santa.I remember my schooldays where we play chrisma and chrischild a fun game,when the Christmas is nearing.All over the world ,people enjoy Christmas celebrations and welcome the forthcoming NewYear.
There are a lot of recipes prepared in prior for celebrating Christmas,like cookies,cakes ,especially classic plum cake,meringues,yule logs and a lot more,today i decided to make a colorful cupcake which has red in its name.Because of the general christmas theme goes with red usually, i decided to choose a recipe that dominates red in color,So by default i chose this Red Velvet Cupcake,this was one of the recipe which i was longing to bake for a longtime,since the name velvet reflects something special about this recipe.So wanna try out this brightful recipe and to experience how this cake is different from others i decided to proceed.Let's get into the baking mood now,please join me :) .
Red Velvet CupcakeCheck the below link for the original measurements i have halved the measurements
Yields-10 small Cupcakes
Ingredients-My Red Velvet Cupcake Measurement.All Purpose Flour-70g
Baking Powder -1/8tsp or a dash
Salt- a pinch
Unsweetend Cocoa powder - 1/2 Tbsp or 5g
Refined oil- 2 Tbsp or 1/8 Cup
Powdered Sugar-6Tbsp or 1/3 Cup(Can increase or decrease according to your taste)
Egg - half (from a single egg) approx(25g)
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
Buttermilk - 60g(From 50 g buttermilk with 10g water beaten well)
Red Food Color- 1/2 Tbsp
Vinegar -1/4 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
I have replaced butter with refined oil you can add butter if you wish.
- Sift the all purpose flour along with salt,cocoa powder and baking powder and keep aside.Meanwhile grease the cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 200 c.
- Add red food color to the buttermilk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl keep the sifted flour aside.In another bowl beat butter and sugar together,in my recipe i have used refined oil instead of butter,then add vanilla essence and give a mix.To that bowl add the egg and beat them well to a smooth texture.Pour the beaten oil/butter sugar mix to the sifted flour and mix well in one direction.Add the buttermilk mixture to the bowl as seen in the second pic below.Mix well and check the consistency of the batter.
- In a small bowl add baking soda and vinegar and give a mix.Immediately pour them to the prepared batter and mix well.Immediately pour the batter to the greased cupcake liners.
- Place the cupcake's into the oven and bake for 12-15min under 200c.
- Check whether the cupcakes are ready by inserting a skewer/wooden tooth pick to the baked cupcake ,it should come out clean.Else bake for 2-3 min more.
I have done butter-cream frosting to the cupcakes,to give the celebration look.
My Final Red Velvet Cupcake with butter-cream frosting.