Hi Friends,how are you?Hope you are doing good!!! I know its been a long time to post a new recipe at this page.Sorry viewers for this delay,from now onwards i will make sure to post recipes regularly.So,am back to full form now to make my viewers happy am going to post one of my best and favorite recipe,Muttai Kuzhambu.It can also be said as Egg curry .It's served along with rice.Its so simple to make and by the way you needn't worry about making a side dish for this recipe.The egg can be served as a side dish, or you can simply go with pappads too.
If you are bored or tired of making curries and a suitable side dish for them ,better you can opt this gravy.It indeed saves your time and also i guarantee you will love your simple meal too..Lets begin our recipe
It's so interesting to make this gravy and that too the final part of making this gravy is so exicting.I wish you all to have an exicting curry for your meal.
IngredientsServes 2Boiled Eggs- 2 no
Unboiled Egg - 2
Small Onion - 2 Tbsp (Chopped)
Tomato - 1 (Chopped)
Sambar/Kuzhambu Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - half the size of a regular gooseberry
Rock Salt - As Required
Water - As Required
To GrindGrated Coconut - 2 Tbsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Roasted Gram - 1 tsp
Water - As Required
To TemperOil- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Coriander Leaves - few
- In a mixer grind the coconut,jeera along with roasted gram by adding little water.Grind them to a fine paste.Meanwhile boil and peel the eggs.You can make deep pricks using a fork on the peeled eggs.Also soak the tamarind and extract the juice.Keep these ingredients aside.In a pan add some oil.
- Then add the chopped onions saute them for a while until they are cooked.Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a while.When the tomatoes are cooked add the coconut paste ,sambar powder,turmeric powder and rock salt.Saute them.
- Add the tamarind extract and add 1.5 Cup water initally.Add the boiled eggs to the gravy let them boil.
- Once they reached to a water gravy consistency.Break the raw eggs and add to the boiling gravy,gently spread the egg whites around the gravy ,while adding the yolk dont break the yolk's.add the whole yolk's.Keep the gas in Sim,let them boil for 3 minutes under low flame.close the gravy with a lid and let them boil .turn off the heat.Finally temper them and its ready to be served now.
- Dont break the egg yolks while adding to the gravy,if it got broken the whole gravy will smell bad.
- Before adding the raw eggs ,ensure that the gravy is not thick.because after adding the raw eggs the gravy becomes thick.If the gravy is thick before adding raw ones kindly add some water and then proceed.