Got bored of eating and preparing your regular tiffins,then this is the recipe which you need to try out for a change to get out from regular course.The recipe i have posted here belongs to paratha variety,where we are going to stuff some interesting thing inside the paratha's.Cauliflower's are everybody's favorite and most probably everyone loves it,whether its going to be a gobi fry or a gobi manchurian.(In North part of India we call cauliflower as Gobi.).So why not a gobi paratha? So, i have given my favorite gobi paratha.Friends,its interesting to make a gobi paratha.Only preparing the stuff makes a bit of time,but the remaining parts in this process sounds more interesting.Hope you will enjoy this Gobi Paratha.
This paratha's are availble in almost all places apart from south india.But, nowadays i can find out some restaurants serving Gobi paratha's in southern part of india's,i mean the south of southern india.These are spicy stuffed paratha's were we need not prepare any special curries to accompany.Just a dahi dip or a pickle/achaar might entertain you.I agree this is a lengthy process,but you can prepare this stuff in advance and store in your refrigerator the day before preparing gobi paratha.So that you might not feel the lengthy duration.Just only 2 paratha's are enough for a single person ,it's such filling and spicy dish.
For the stuffCauliflower/Gobi-one medium sized
Onion -1 no (Finely chopped)
Green chilly- 1 no
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 3 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as reqd
Oil - 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves - few
Curry Leaves - few
For the DoughAtta flour- 3 Cup
Water ,Salt -As reqd
- Grate the cauliflower.Just grate the flower portion only,no need to grate the stem section.In a vessel add required water ,add turmeric powder ,salt and allow to boil then add the grated gobi and wait until it boils.It might take 10 minutes.Switch off the flame.
- Pass the boiled gobi through a sieve and allow to cool.In a pan add the oil and splatter with jeera seeds.Then add the chopped onion and green chillies.(Finley slice the green chilly)
- Then add the curry leaves and ginger garlic paste.Saute them for a while,until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off.Then add the garam masala,coriander and chilli powder and salt.Saute them for a while.Then add the cooled gobi and mix well.
- Cook the gobi along with the masala ,atleast for 3-4 minutes,by this way the smell of gobi gets rid off and the masala will get combined well with the gobi.Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and saute them again and switch off the flame.Allow the gobi masala to cool down.
- Meanwhile prepare the dough by mixing the atta flour with salt and required amount of water.Make the dough to a pliable consistency apply some oil over the dough and keep the dough aside for atleast an hour.Once the gobi stuff is ready and cooled down make them into small balls.Also pinch a part of the dough and make balls out of the dough.Make sure the gobi balls and dough balls should be same in size.Take a dough ball ,also keep ready some atta flour in a bowl for making the paratha's.Dust the dough balls with the atta flour ,and spread them with your fingers rotating the dough ball so that the dough will spread the shape of a puri,or instead you can also spread the dough balls with the help of the rolling pin.Place the gobi ball in the centre.
- Try to cover the gobi ball with the dough,if the dough is pliable it will be easy to cover the gobi ball.Roll the gobi stuffed ball with your palms gently and again dust the ball in the atta flour.Take the dusted ball and again gently press the ball in between your palms ,don't do it harshly.Dust the working platform and place the pressed dough.
- With the help of a rolling pin gently spread the dough to a paratha shape.You have to do it really gently.Don't run the rolling pin fast ,do it mildly and slowly .Apply the atta flour,dust them, if needed to reach the paratha size.In an iron skillet spread oil and place the gobi paratha.
- Don't turn the paratha immediately,wait until one side is cooked,apply some oil on top of the paratha. Turn the paratha and let it cook.Once done remove from the tawa.
- Serve the hot gobi paratha's with dahi dip and pickle.