Short Bread sandwich cookies was one of the challenges in HBC ,this is a belated post ,yet i would like to post it as soon as possible.I found my co bloggers Viji and Shama akka have done this and posted recently,so i had some company in giving late attendance along with them to HBC.
Coming to this post i found this cookie a very basic and easy recipe,and we can do it with the ingredients readily available at stores.Here is my final click with the recipe below.
Ingredients -For HBC
Recipe Source - momitforward.comAll purpose flour – 3 ½ Cup + more for dusting the work surface & rolling pin
Salt – ¼ Tsp
Unsalted butter – 1 ½ Cup (3 Sticks)
Granulated sugar – 1 Cup
Vanilla essence – 1 Tsp
Raspberry jam or fruit jam of your choice – ¾ Cup
Confectioner’s sugar – For dusting the cut-out cookies.
- In a bowl mix together butter and sugar until they are just combined.Add the vanilla to it and mix it once.
- In another mixing bowl sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter and sugar mixture and combined well to make dough.Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C.
- Roll the dough ¼ inch thick and cut 2 ¾ inch rounds with a plain or fluted cutter. With ½ of the rounds, cut a hole from the middle of each round with a heart or round shaped cutter. Place all the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Spread the jam on the flat side of each solid cookie. Dust the top of the cut-out cookies with confectioner’s sugar and press the flat sides together, with the jam in the middle and the confectioner’s sugar on the top.