This is the season of grapes everywhere.The old classical method of cleaning the grapes is just to wash it under tap water.Nowadays most of,not almost all of the grapes in the market are coated with pesticide sprays.It looks like dipped in pesticide pool.When we intake them ,with a single or double wash with tap water,we also consume the pesticide that's sprayed.On persistent consumption of these type of goodies we are in danger to health.Yes these pesticide sprayed grapes are hazardous to health in due course.Is there any other way to clean these traces of sprays from the grapes.Yes of-course,the method i have shared here is a tip said in a health program.I followed this method and would like to share this small tip with you.I have shown this simple method with pictures,so that it may be helpful.
- Salt - For 1litre 1 to 1.5 tsp of salt (can use rock salt also)
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Water - as required
- Small towel/ White cloth
- Take the grape bunch and remove them from the stalk/stem.Wash them one under tap water.
- Strain the grapes ,keep aside.In a bowl add required amount of water (Mineral or Good water).Water level - just to immerse the fruits.Add salt.
- Add the grapes to the water and leave it aside for 5-7 minutes.
- After the specified time.Wipe the grapes with a towel with mild pressure.Collect the wiped grapes in the strainer.
- Again take some water(Mineral or Good water) add the turmeric powder and soak the grapes in turmeric water for 5 minutes.
- At the end strain the grapes from the water.Its ready for consuming now.
- You can clearly find the difference in Before - After Pictures.