Its been a long time i made nandu/crab at home.This time i planned to make a restaurant type masala at home,and to my goodness for the very first time i tried a new recipe of my own and it came out well.I felt so happy that my own recipe, won the appreciation of all at home.So sharing my own recipe here.
If you find this interesting ,please try it out,and am definitely sure ,you will like this recipe.Please don't forget to drop your beloved feedback ,which will encourage me in further steps.
Coconut Milk - 4 Tbsp
Red Dried chilli - 2 no's
Green chillies - 2 no's
Cinnamon stick - 2 no's ,each 1"
Water,Oil,salt -as reqd
Curry Leaves - few
For SpiceRed Dried Chilli - 1 no(Depending on the spice requirement)
Pepper - 1.5tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Saunf - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
For MasalaBig Onion - 1no medium sized
Tomato - 1 no big
- Wash and marinate the crab with turmeric powder,salt and vinegar(optional) for atleast 30 minutes.
- In a kadai add some oil and toss with ingredients under For Spice.Let it to cool by transferring it to a wide bowl or plate.This is to be grinded.
- In the same pan add again 1 tsp of oil and saute sliced onions and saute until cooked.Then add chopped tomatoes and cook for atleast 3 to 4 minutes in medium flame.Turn off flame.Let them cool.
- In a mixer add the spice ingredients and grind well .Then add little amount of water and add the cooled onion and tomatoes and grind well.The paste should be so smooth.
- In the same or another kadai add some oil and temper with green chillies,cinnamon stick and red chilli .Then add the paste and saute for a while,or until the raw smell goes off.Then add the cleaned Crabs and saute them.
- Add some water and water to the crab ,until it is immersed well.Close the kadai with a lid and allow to cook.Once all the water has been evaporated add some oil at this stage ,to enhance the flavor.Stir well.
- Now add the thick coconut milk and once the gravy looks like a semi-gravy consistency add curry leaves .Give a mix ,Switch off the flame.
- It is ready to be served.Goes well with Idly,Dosa,Rasam,Curd rice and even plain rice.