Vegetable kurma,a simple and mild spice blended side dish for chapathi or parotta recipes.Contains mixed vegetables of your choice, any type of vegetable can be added to make this.So simple to prepare and tasting good,only cutting and grinding will be the pre-preparation.The rest is sauting and cooking.We can bring out the perfect taste without including ginger garlic paste.Truly a Home Style dish.
Mixed Vegetables of your choice -1bowl
Onion(Medium Size) -2
Turmeric Powder -1 tsp
Water - 1 -2 Cup
Salt -as reqd
For Masala - to GrindCoconut (grated) -2 Tbsp
Roasted gram dal/Chutney dal/pottu kadalai -1 Tsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Saunf seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
Green Chilly - 1 -2 (depends on the spiciness of the chili)
To TemperOil - 3 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Cinnamon 2" stick - 1no
Cloves - 2
Curry Leaves ,Coriander & Pudhina Leaves - few each
- Grind the ingredients in the For Masala Column and keep aside.In a pan add oil ,when the oil is hot add mustard seeds let them crackle.Add Cinnamon,Cloves and saute for a minute.Add the Onions(cut length wise) and curry leaves, and saute them until they are transparent.
- Now add the mixed vegie's.Saute them for 2-3 mins in medium flame.Then add Turmeric powder and rock salt.Mix them well.
- Add the ground masala and add required amount o water.Just add water until they get immersed.Add the pudhina and coriander leaves.Pressure cook for a whistle in Medium flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.Serve hot.
- Can add cinnamon 1/2" inch stick 1 and clove 1 along with grinding masala and cook.It gives extra spice to the dish