Inspired by its name I decided to try it by myself in a simple way.I framed a picture of cheesey strands coming out of the potato balls in my mind...OMG.., my imagination tempted me more to get soon into this recipe.My process started soon,and all the things needed for making balls are ready and my cheese cubes are cut ...The one lovely thing i liked much while making the potato chesese balls ,that's... stuffing the cheese cubes with mashed potato.I really enjoyed while covering the cheese with mashed stuff,also done it carefully.But when coming to frying stage i wanted to try it to be less caloried so i planed to shallow fry them using the paniyaram pan.This was so easy and you will get satisfied for using less amount of oil.Alternatively i tried half a portion of the balls deep frying, using the regular frying method.Compared to the taste,both tasted to be alike but personally i felt the balls fried using regular method was bit more tastier.But its left to you to choose the frying method.
Cheese are always kids favorite at anytime and when presenting them in their most likely way ,makes them have more.This dish could be done under 30 minutes ,having all the things handy.Here i have used potato mash got from store,for reducing my work time.You can also boil potatoes,peel ,grate and mash them finely.My recipe goes like this...
Corn flour - 1/2 Tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 Tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Grated Garlic - 1 tsp (optional)
Cheese Cubes - 6 - 8 (cut them in cubes)
Maida - 3 Tbsp
Bread Crumbs - 1/2 Cup
Salt - as needed
Water - as needed
- In a bowl add the potato mash,corn flour,chilli powder and ginger garlic paste and grated garlic and salt.If you are using fresh boiled and mashed potatoes no need to add water.If you are using store brought mash potato add upto 1/4 C water and leave it for few minutes and then manually mix all ingredients to get a dough.If you find the dough forming to be difficult add little bit of water,say 1 Tbsp at a time and mix it.Once you attain the dough make equal(small lemon size) sized balls out of the dough,Meanwhile in another bowl add maida and water to form a running consistency batter and in another bowl keep the breadcrumbs.
- Now take each balls and with help of your palm and fingers form a small cup and place the cubed cheese and gently cover the cheese with potato dough.Once you get a ball shape ,press firmly using your palm and keep it a plate.Do it for all the remaining balls.
- Then take each ball and dip it in the maida batter and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Repeat for all the cheese balls.(You could store this cheeseballs after this stage in your refridgerator for a week.)Next comes the frying part you could choose anyone option to fry either using paniyaram pan or using your kadai for deep frying.Fry them ...
- Serve with tomato sauce/ketchup.