Since its a special occasion for my co blogger,not my fellow blogger,my role model and ever charming cute lady Priya Suresh 's Birthday.She's one among a full spirited lady i have met in my life.She's an inspiration to lot of bloggers,Priya akka has more than 2500 recipes in her blog.She is such a lovely adorable person to mingle with.Even though she blogs from a long time,she never has the ego to start speaking with a new blogger.This v-treat is planned by my fellow bloggers and we all planned to make a special dessert for her.Its my great opportunity to celebrate a v -treat for her on her great day.
There's a one more surprise gift from our side,myself and few of my co-blogging friends decided to present an award for the birthday angel.
Also i have given below the collage of desserts which enters to Priya sis's virtual treat.These desserts are prepared by my co-blogging friends Viji,Manjula,Sangeetha Vijay,Sangeetha Priya,Shama sis,Preeti,Divya Prakash,Nalini Sis and last but least ,the brain child of SNC, Divya Pramil..
Happy Birthday Priya Suresh Akka,here is my treat for you
Milk - 2 cup/200 ml
Condensed Milk - 50 ml
Sugar - 60 gm
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
Eggs - 2
For Caramel Syrup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 2 tsp
- In a small pan add the milk and sugar.Place the milk mixture on gas top and boil for 2 minutes ,keep stirring to ensure the sugar has dissolved.And switch off the flame.Allow to cool.Once cooled add the condensed milk and give a stir.Keep aside.
- In another bowl add the eggs and mix gently with a fork.Don't over mix the eggs.Just ensure the egg whites and yolks are incorporated well.Keep them aside.Now take the milk mixture and add them little by little.Meanwhile mixing the egg and milk mixture.
- Once the egg and milk mixture are incorporated well strain them to filter out the curdled egg whites.Keep this custard mix aside.In a non stick pan or any other vessel add the sugar and spray some water and keep them on stove top ,do not disturb the pan.Let them caramelize and wait until the color changes,switch off the flame.
- Now Preheat the oven 180 C.Immediately pour the caramel syrup into the prepared bowls/ramekins.Allow the caramel syrup coated bowls to cool.Let them cool for 5 - 10 minutes.Now in a small vessel add a litre of water and boil them,until bubbles form.Meanwhile place the cooled ramekins on a oven proof vessel.Add the boiled water on the oven proof vessel let the water level be above 1"inch from the bottom of the vessel.Pour the custard filling into the bowls and bake them for 30 minutes.
- To check whether the custard is cooked press the mixture with your finger If it springs back and looks firm ,it is ready now.else bake for more 10 minutes until done.
- After the custard filling is baked take the bowls out of the vessel and allow them to cool.Once cooled place them in refrigerator and chill for 2 hrs.Run a knife around the edges of the bowl to loosen the custard.Place them upside down and invert again to serve.