This is a healthy food for whomsoever looking for an iron and calcium rich food.By the way as many of us might know about the health benefits of ragi,which is rich in calcium and so the drumstick leaves too is rich in iron.It's easy to prepare excluding the cleaning process of drumstick leaves.If you are looking a change in your regular food, then ,why don't you try this?I made this adai for our morning breakfast accompanied with a sweet and hot chutney/dip.I have included the procedure of making this quick dip too.
For the Ragi Adai:Ragi Flour - 1.5 Cup
Drumstick Leaves - A Handful
Big Onion - 1 no
Jeera Seeda - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - few
Salt ,Water & Oil - As Reqd
For the dip:Tamarind - A small lemon size ball
Grated Jaggery - As Reqd
Red Chilli Flakes- 1/2 tsp
Gingely Oil - 1 tsp
Water - As Reqd
For the dip
- In bowl add lukewarm water and drop the tamarind leave it for sometime and extract the tamarind juice.Transfer the juice to another bowl and add the grated jaggery .Mix well until the jaggery has completely dissolved.Finally add the chilli flakes and gingely oil .Its ready to go with the adai.
- For the Adai
- First clean the drumstick leaves and wash throughout to remove the dirt.In a pan add some oil and splatter the mustard seeds .Add the leaves and saute until cooked.
- Once cooked remove the drumstick leaves from fire and let it cool.In a separate bowl add the ragi flour,chopped onion,jeera,salt and mix once.Then add the cooked drumstick leaves and give a mix.
- Add water little by little to form a dough.Keep a polythene sheet spread some oil on to it.Take a small sized ball from the dough and place it on the greased sheet.
- Gently tap with your palm and fingers and spread the dough to form adai.Meanwhile heat the tawa pour some oil and transfer the prepared adai and cook both sides.Spread some oil to the outer surface of the adai.Serve hot with sweet dip/tomato thokku or coconut chutney.
- Its ready to be served.